Hancock County, West Virginia Genealogy
|Hancock County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
|County Seat||New Cumberland|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Hancock County Courthouse
P O Box 367
New Cumberland, WV 26047
- County Clerk has birth, marriage, death probate and land records from 1848
- Clerk Circuit Clerk has divorce records
See an interactive map of Hancock County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Beaver County, Pennsylvania
- Columbiana County, Ohio
- Jefferson County, Ohio
- Washington County, Pennsylvania
For tips on accessing Hancock County, West Virginia Genealogy census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
Hancock County, West Virginia Wills 1853-1917
Societies and Libraries
Tri-State Genealogical and Historical Society
P O Box 454
Newell, West Virginia 26050-0454
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hancock County, West Virginia. Page 743 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).