Harding County, New Mexico Genealogy
|Harding County, New Mexico|
Location of New Mexico in the U.S.
|Founded||March 4, 1921|
|Address|| [Harding-County-New-Mexico-Courts.htm Harding County Courthouse]|
3rd & Pine; PO Box 1002
Mosquero, NM 87733-1002
http://www.courtreference.com/Harding County Website]
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Websites
- 6 References
- Up until 1821 - New Spain controlled land that later would become New Mexico and Arizona. Some records of early settlers may have been sent to an archives in Seville, Spain, or to archives in Mexico City.
- From 1821 until 1846 - Mexico had jurisdiction over the land that later would become New Mexico and Arizona. Some records of this period may have been sent to archives in Mexico City. Starting in 1846 United States forces occupied New Mexico during the Mexican-American War.
- 1848 - Land that became Harding County formally became a part of the United States when the Mexican-American War ended with ratification of the Treaty of Harding Hidalgo.
Search by Cemetery Name
Alamosa Cemetery, Armenta Plaza Cemetery, Bryantine Cemetery, Bueyeros Cemetery, Calvert Cemetery, Cejita Cemetery, David Cemetery, Garcia Cemetery, Hartley Ranch Cemetery, Immaculate Conception Catholic Church Cemetery, Johnson Cemetery, Kelly Cemetery, Maytum Cemetery, Mestenito Cemetery, Mills Cemetery, Mitchell Ranch Cemetery, Mofax Cemetery, Mosquero Cemetery, Rosebud Cemetery, Roy Cemetery, Saint Joseph Cemetery, Solano Cemetery, Trujillo Cemetery, Vigil Cemetery
Search by Location
Alamitos, Bates, Bueyeros, Gallegos, Mills, Mosquero, Roy, Solano,
For tips on accessing Harding County, New Mexico Genealogy census records online, see: New Mexico Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Harding County, New Mexico page 473, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.