Harding County, South Dakota Genealogy
Harding County, South Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Harding County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 5, 1881|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Harding County Courthouse
901 Ramsland Street
Buffalo, SD 57720
Register of Deeds has birth, death, burial and land records from 1909;
County Treasurer has marriage records from 1909; Clerk Court has
divorce, proabte, court and school census records from 1909
1881--Harding County was created 5 March 1881 from unorganized territoy.
County seat: Buffalo 
- Adams County, North Dakota
- Bowman County, North Dakota
- Carter County, Montana
- Fallon County, Montana
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1935 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1945 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002)Harding County, South Dakota, p.625
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).