Hart County, Georgia Genealogy
Guide to Hart County Georgia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Hart County, Georgia|
Location of Georgia in the U.S.
|Founded||December 7, 1853|
|Address|| Hart County Courthouse|
PO Box 279
Hartwell, GA 30643-0279
Hart County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Probate Court has birth, marriage, death, burial,
and probate records; Clerk Superior Court has
divorce, court and land records, from 1856
1900 and 1967 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps: Hart County, Georgia
- Georgia Info Historical County Maps: Hart County, Georgia
- Wills 1862-1866 (digital images). See names of Testators. Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Wills 1847-1894 Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Index to Inventories, Book B, 1862-1890 Georgia Pioneers ($)
- 1854-1869 - Hart County Marriage Index 1854-1869. Batch M713041 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1854-1895 - Hart County Marriage Books A thru C Index 1854-1895. Batch M713042 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1867-1895 - Hart County Marriage Book B Index 1867-1895. Batch M713043 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
- Hart County Public Library
- Hart County Historical Society: 31 East Howell Street, Hartwell, GA 30643; (706) 376-6330
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Hart County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hart County, Georgia. Page 156 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/57/Igigeorgiael.pdf.