Help:How to Create an Un-Portal Page
This article explains how to create a new Un-Portal Page, and how to migrate content from an existing portal page into a new Un-Portal Page. Please follow all of the instructions very carefully to avoid any broken links.
Whether you are creating a new Un-Portal Page from scratch, or creating an Un-Portal in which to migrate content from an existing Portal page, the process is the same. The first few steps are the same as creating any new page.
- Log in to the FamilySearch Research Wiki
- In the search box, type the title of the article you want to create. Make sure you type the title in exactly as you want it to appear, including capital letters, spelling, and punctuation.
- After typing the new title into the search box, click on "Search."
- After clicking "Search," a list of search results will appear.
- In the search results page, determine if the article you want to write already exists. If a similar article already exists, consider editing or adding to that article rather than creating a new article.
- If "No page title matches" were found, or if there are no close matches covering the topic, then locate the title you searched for shown in red text at the top of the page.
- Click on the red text title at the top of the page. This will open the edit window.