Help:Registering with the Wiki
| The factual accuracy of this article may be compromised due to the introduction of a new sign-in process (December 2009).
You can improve the article by updating it.
Please add any comments to the talk page.
View a tutorial on how to register.
Print These Instructions for Reference
As you register you will go from screen to screen. We strongly recommend that you print these instructions for quick reference as you work.
How to Register
Note: Registering is a three-step process. Make sure you complete all three steps.
Step 1. Register with FamilySearch Wiki. Registering helps FamilySearch know who you are and keep track of the articles you create and edit. During registration you will be asked to provide a username and password and other information.
- To register, click on the word "Register" in the blue bar in the upper right corner of any Wiki page.
- Or, you can register by clicking here.
Step 2. Confirm your E-mail address. After you register, FamilySearch will send you an e-mail message. You must confirm your e-mail address in order to edit or contribute to the wiki.
- Open your e-mail program and find the e-mail with the subject, "FamilySearch Wiki e-mail address confirmation."
- The message will contain a link. Click on the underlined link to send a message back to FamilySearch to indicate that your email address is valid.
Step 3. Choose Your E-mail Preferences. You can indicate how and when you want the Wiki to send you emails. To choose these settings:
- Go to the "Personal Tools" section of the panel on the right side of the page. Click on the "My Preferences" link. Or, verify your settings by clicking here.
- At the Preference page, scroll down to find to the "Email" heading. Choose the email options you want by clicking the checkboxes to the left of each option.
- Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen.