Help:Registering with the Wiki
Print These Instructions for Reference
The registration process will take you through several screens with various prompts. We strongly recommend that you print these instructions for quick reference as you work.
How to Register
Note: Registering is a three-step process. Make sure you complete all three steps.
Step 1. Register with FamilySearch Wiki. Registering helps FamilySearch know who you are and keep track of the articles you create and edit. During registration you will be asked to provide a username and password and other information.
- To register, click on the word "Sign In" in the blue bar in the upper right corner of any Wiki page.
- Three options will appear as shown in the image below.
- Click "Register" and then follow the instructions. Make sure you fill in all of the required registration information and read through the terms and conditions. Complete the registration process and proceed to Step 2.
- Or, you can register by clicking here.
Step 2. Confirm your E-mail address. After you register, FamilySearch will send you an e-mail message. You must confirm your e-mail address in order to edit or contribute to the wiki.
- Open your e-mail program and find the e-mail with the subject, "FamilySearch Wiki e-mail address confirmation."
- The message will contain a link. Click on the underlined link to send a message back to FamilySearch to indicate that your email address is valid. Proceed to Step 3.
Step 3. Choose Your E-mail Preferences. You can indicate how and when you want the Wiki to send you emails. To choose these settings:
- Go to the "Personal Tools" section of the panel on the lower right side of the page. Click on the "My Preferences" link. Or, verify your settings by clicking here.
- At the Preference page, scroll down to find the "Email" heading. Choose the email options you want by clicking the checkboxes to the left of each option.
- Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen.