Help:Registering with the Wiki
Step 1. Register with FamilySearch Wiki. Registering helps FamilySearch know who you are and keep track of the articles you create and edit. During registration you will be asked to provide a username and password and other information.
- To register, click on the word Sign In in the blue bar in the upper right corner of any Wiki page.
- Three options will appear as shown in the image below.
- Click Register and then follow the instructions. Complete the required registration information and read through the terms and conditions. After you complete the registration form, proceed to Step 2.
- Or, you may register by clicking here.
Step 2. Confirm your E-mail address. After you register, FamilySearch will send you an e-mail message. You must confirm your e-mail address to edit or contribute to the wiki.
- Open your e-mail program and find the e-mail with the subject, "FamilySearch Wiki e-mail address confirmation."
- The message will contain a link. Click on the underlined link to send a message back to FamilySearch to indicate that your email address is valid. Then, proceed to Step 3.
Step 3. Choose Your E-mail Preferences. You may choose how and when you want the FamilySearch Wiki to send you emails. To choose these settings:
- Go to the "Personal Tools" section of the panel on the lower right side of the page. Click on the My Preferences link. Or, verify your settings by clicking here.
- On the Preferences page, scroll down to find the "Email" heading. Choose the email option you want by clicking the checkboxes to the left of the option.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
You are now registered with FamilySearch Wiki and have chosen your email preferences. Next, you may want to learn more about editing and contributing to the Wiki.