Help:Reverting Content to Previous Version
When you revert an article to a previous version, you are eliminating the edits of one or more contributors. Its a good idea to first contact those contributors and explain what you are going to do. You might also give your reasons on the Talk Page for that article. In the long run it is better to negotiate permission before hand. This will prevent your revert from itself being reverted back to the original version.
- Step 1 Navigate to the article that needs to be reverted.
- Step 2 Go to the History page and do one of the following.
- Step 2.1 Find the last good version and click on its date to roll back the article to. That version should now open in the Edit Window.
- Step 2.2 Find the last good version and click on Prev. When the two versions show up , click (Edit) at the top of the column on the left. This will open up the good version in the Edit Window
- Step 3 At the bottom of the page under the Edit Window, fill in the Summary. Then Click on the Save page button.