From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:22, 18 February 2012 by VasquezJL
Welcome to the Research Wiki!
The FamilySearch Research Wiki is a place where you can:
Research your Family History
- In the Wiki, you can learn what records exist in specific areas or topics. Here are some articles to help you get started:
- 1. Research Help
- 2. Wiki Search Tips
Contribute Your Knowledge to the Wiki
- You know something that can help other researchers find their family members. Contribute your knowledge to the wiki to give others tips about researching in a specific area or topic.
- The Contributor Help page is the central resource for instructions about how to edit in the Wiki.
- Projects Seeking Contributors lists some of the community projects that are currently being worked on.
- There is a Community Meeting for New Wiki Contributors on Thursday afternoons. Come to learn more about how to edit in the Wiki.
Store Information in the Wiki
- As you learn tips and tricks that will help you in your genealogy research, instead of Bookmarking or creating a Favorite in your browser, go to the Wiki page for that locality or topic, and add a note about the resource. Then you and anyone else researching in that area/topic will be able to find it too.
- Here are a few links to get you started:
Collaborate with Others
Working together, we can create a better research tool than we could if individuals were developing pages on their own.
- The Projects Seeking Contributors page lists the many projects that you can work with others on.
On Talk/Discussion Pages
- Every page in the Wiki has a Talk/Discussion page where you can ask questions or make comments about that article.
- This will send an email to anyone who is "Watching" the page, notifying them of the change. They can come in and reply to the original question or comments.
- See also:
On the Forums
- On the forums, you can ask a question about your research or the FamilySearch products, or help others with their questions.
Live Community Meetings
- Some community members prefer receiving live help on a conference call with fellow community members. If this is your preference, join one or more Community Meetings that are held live online.
- If you would like to know more about what the Wiki is, the following links will help: