Help talk:Contributor Help
Changes to this page
I'd like to see this page turn into more of a central starting point for those who would like to Edit and Contribute to the wiki. Right now it's a collection of links that could use some "re-categorization" and some additional guidance for helping new contributors know where to start. I think some of the following could help with that:
- Remove Search helps - this is not as important for contributors, these links should go on the Tour page
- Break down into a few main categories on the page:
- Getting Started - this would include the main links that new contributors need
- Community projects - this would talk about getting started in a project and link to the Projects Seeking Contributors page plus any other page on the Wiki where we discuss things that need to "get done" and need volunteers
- Advanced topics - this would have the more advanced editing topics such as Wikitext, Templates, etc.
- Additional guidance - this would refer to the Forums and other items as well - maybe the Teaching Aids, etc.
Thoughts? Other ideas? (All of the links currently on the page would get a home in this new structure except for those links that teach how to search. We could still link to the "Tour" page but move all the how to search links over there.)
janellv 23:35, 7 February 2011 (UTC)
Great ideas, Janell! RitcheyMT 14:44, 8 February 2011 (UTC)