The instructions include a graphic of the search results namespace checkboxes. The image is outdated because the Image namespace was changed by MediaWiki to the File namespace. The image needs to be recaptured and added to this document. Fran 22:54, 9 February 2010 (UTC)
As a result of integrating the Wiki with beta FamilySearch, the screen shot of the list of namespaces needs to be updated. Other items that need updating include: 1) the text that lists the namespaces is outdated; 2) the small example namespace image shows a namespace titled "Project" and is incorrect because this wiki does not have a namespace called Project. --Fran 20:43, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Fran, I think I have updated the article to reflect the recent changes. Let me know if you think otherwise. --Steve 17:42, 5 August 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks Steve. It looks great. We've had a lot of questions about the namespaces and the purpose for each one. Those who are creating project pages generally don't realize the project pages should be in the FamilySearch Wiki namespace. Some have suggested that having a Project namespace would be a good idea, and I tend to agree. Maybe I should go ahead and add the request to the backlog. But I dread the thought of moving all the project pages. --Fran 18:11, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Fran, I think the main stumbling block to using the FamilySearch Wiki namespace for WikiProjects is it's length added to the need/want to describe/define the article as a project means that you are up to 25 plus charaters before even getting to specifics. The namespace Project is already in use, it's an alias, an alternative way of linking to the FamilySearch Wiki namespace, as an example FamilySearch Wiki:Policies. Users can use Project in links, but the name of the article is shown to be FamilySearch Wiki.
- As I mentioned in an email to you on July 8 if a new namespace was to be created (or the Policy namespace be renamed) I would recommend using WikiProject. --Steve 07:48, 8 August 2010 (UTC)
- I didn't know that about the Project: being an alias. So how does one see a full list of projects when they user the Project: alias instead of the FamilySearch Wiki: namespace? --Fran 21:25, 9 August 2010 (UTC)