Henry County, Missouri Genealogy
Guide to Henry County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Henry County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||December 13, 1834|
|Address|| Henry County Courthouse|
Main & Franklin Sts;
100 W Franklin
Clinton, MO 64735-2199
Henry County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Recorder has marriage and land records from 1830
and military discharge records; County Clerk has divorce
and court recorders; Associate Circuit Court has probate
records; County Museum has birth and burial records
See an interactive map of Henry County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
St. Ludgers, Germantown
- 1832-1876 - St. Ludgers, Germantown, Baptism Index 1832-1876. Batch C511791 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1849-1876 - St. Ludgers, Germantown, Marriage Index 1849-1876. Batch M511791 at FamilySearch - free.
Immaculate Conception, Montrose
- 1858-1876 - Immaculate Conception, Montrose, Baptism Index 1858-1876. Batch C511961 at FamilySearch - free.
- Family Maps of Henry County, Missouri Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Map of Henry County townships (Histopolis)
The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Henry County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Henry County, Missouri. Page 400 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/5a/Igimissouria.pdf.