Hernando County, Florida Genealogy
|Hernando County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||February 24, 1843|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 Refrences
Hernando County Courthouse
20 N Main St;
Brooksville FL 34601
Name changed to Benton 6 Mar 1844.
Name changed back to Hernando 24 Dec 1850.
Clerk County Court has marriage records.
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce, probate, court
and land records from 1877. 
1877 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
- Lake Lindsey Cemetery, Brooksville BillionGraves
- The Fountains Memorial Park, Spring Hill BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Hernando County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
The 1885 Florida State Population Census includes sex, age, relationship, occupation, place of birth of each family member and parents. Also census for agriculture and mortality.
1867 Florida State Population Census First Census to enumerate Black Heads of Household
Societies and Libraries
Hernando Heritage Museum May - Stringer House
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Hernando County FLGenWeb Project, a member of TheFLGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Hernando County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Hernando County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hernando County, Florida Page 134 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).