Holt County, Nebraska Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Holt County Courthouse
204 N 4th Street; PO Box 329
O’Neill, NE 68763
County Clerk has marriage records from 1878.
County Judge has probate and court records from 1882.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1879.
Clerk District Court has divorce records from 1879. 
1860--Holt County was created 13 January 1860 from unorganized territory. County seat: O'Neill 
For tips on accessing Holt County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Holt County, Nebraska page 431, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).