Horsham Holy Trinity, West Sussex
As the town of Horsham grew the need for a further District Church was recognised in the mid 1890's.
The foundation stone of Holy Trinity Church was laid on 31st October, 1899, by the Bishop of Chichester,to serve the growing district of the town known as "The Common" . The church was consecrated by Bishop Wilberforce on 18th December, 1900.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
From 1837 the area of this parish was in the Horsham registration district
Certificates can be ordered from West Sussex Centralised Certificates Office
West Sussex Record Office
Phone: 01243 642122
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
See Sussex Census
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Sussex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.