Hot Spring County, Arkansas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:15, 25 August 2008 by Loisfowles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Townships and Cities
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- The County was named for the hot Springs at Hot Springs.
- The county is a "dry county", no alcohols allowed.
Hot Spring County was created from Clark County, 2 November 1829.
Parts were set off to create following new counties:
- Montgomery 9 December 1842
- Grant 4 February 1869
- Garland 5 April 1873
- Part of Garland County was returned to Hot Springs later in 1873.
Societies and Libraries
Townships and Cities
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.