Difference between revisions of "Houston County, Alabama Genealogy"
|Line 162:||Line 162:|
==== Newspapers ====
==== Probate ====
==== Probate ====
Revision as of 21:30, 20 August 2012
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Houston County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||February 9, 1903|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County CourthouseHouston County Courthouse
462 North Oats Street
Dothan, AL 36303
Phone: (334) 677-4805
Health Department has birth, death and burial records
Probate Office has marriage, probate and land records from 1903
Clerk Circuit Court has court records from 1903
Registrar in Chancery has divorce records from 1903 
- Early County, Georgia
- Holmes County, Florida
- Jackson County, Florida
- Seminole County, Georgia
- Antioch Cemetery
- Ashford City Cemetery
- Bay Springs Cemetery
- Bethlehem Cemetery
- Beulah Cemetery Information about cemetery.
- Beulah Cemetery, Dothan BillionGraves, with data and photos.
- Bluff Springs Baptist Church Cemetery
- Bluff Springs Cemetery
- Cedar Springs Cemetery
- Clark Cemetery
- Clayton Cemetery
- Cowarts Cemetery
- Cowarts Creek Cemetery
- Crestlawn Cemetery
- Dothan City Cemetery Information about cemetery
- Dothan City Cemetery, Dothan BillionGraves, with photos and data.
- Friendship Cemetery
- Gardens of Memory Cemetery
- Gates of Heaven Cemetery
- Gordon Cemetery
- Hunters Cemetery
- Hurts Chapel Cemetery
- Lassiter Cemetery
- Liberty Cemetery
- Little Vine Cemetery
- Memory Hill Cemetery
- Memphis Baptist Church Cemetery
- Memphis Cemetery
- Mount Gilead Cemetery
- Mount Pleasant Cemetery
- Mount Zion Cemetery
- New Corinth Cemetery
- Piney Grove Cemetery
- Piney Grove Church Cemetery
- Poplar Spring Cemetery
- Registers Cemetery
- Rocky Creek Cemetery
- Rocky Creek United Methodist Church Cemetery
- Saint Phillips Cemetery
- Saint Stephen's AME Church Cemetery
- Saint Stephens Cemetery
- Sanders Cemetery
- Selma Cemetery
- Shady Grove Cemetery
- Shiloh Cemetery
- Smith Cemetery
- Union Springs Cemetery
- Webb Cemetery
- Houston County, Alabama, Cemetery Records. 1957. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online - free. Includes Antioch Baptist Church Cemetery, Center Baptist Church Cemetery, Christian Home Cemetery, First Freewill Cemetery, Harpers Joy Cemetery, Hodgesville Cemetery, New Hope Primitive Cemetery, New Providence Cemetery, Robinson Family Cemetery, Rocky Creek Methodist Cemetery, Smith Family Cemetery, Spring Hill Freewill Cemetery, and Union Springs Cemetery.
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- 1908-15, 1926, 1928-36, 1943-51 - The Dothan Eagle (Dothan, Ala.) at Ancestry ($).
- 1881-1930 - Alabama, Births and Christenings, 1881-1930 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1816-1957 - Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection. Incomplete.
- 1881-1952 - Alabama, Deaths and Burials, 1881-1952 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1908-1974 - Alabama, Deaths, 1908-1974 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
3199 Ross Clark Cir NW
Dothan, Houston, Alabama, United States
110 Shell Field Rd
Enterprise, Houston , Alabama, United States
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- USGenWeb Archives Project ~ contains record transcriptions from Bibles, obituaries, court records and more.
- Houston County ALGenWeb ~ record transcriptions and information pertinent to the county.
- Houston County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hancock County p. 37. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).