How to Find Information that was Donated to the Family History Library
See also United States, How to Find Genealogy Records
Many individuals have donated family histories, indexes to various records, and files to the Family History Library. These may be donated on paper, microfiche or CD-ROM. When the donated items are cataloged, the call numbers appear in the Family History Library Catalog. We recommend that you search in the following ways.
- Use the Surname Search for a family history and other related items.
- Go towww.familysearch.org/
- Under the heading Search Genealogy Records & Library, click Family History Library Catalog.
- Click Surname Search.
- Type the last name of a family.
- Click Search.
- Click a title to open the catalog record.
Use the Place Search to find records for a locality.