Hull Holy Trinity, Yorkshire Genealogy
HULL, or Kingston-upon-Hull, a sea-port, borough, and county of itself, situated on the borders of the East riding of York, 39 miles (S. E.) from York, and 170 (N.) from London; comprising the parishes of St. Mary, the Holy Trinity, Drypool, and Sculcoates, the extra-parochial district of Garrison-Side, and part of the parish of Sutton. The ancient borough comprises the parishes of Holy Trinity and St. Mary. Holy Trinity is an ancient and spacious cruciform structure, with a lofty and very beautiful tower rising from the intersection, and supported on piers and arches of elegant proportions: the east end is in the decorated English style, and the transepts are fine specimens of the earliest period of that style; the window in the south transept is filled with tracery, and enriched with mouldings of curious character. The edifice was re-opened, after judicious restoration, in December, 1845.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Yorkshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 574-580. Adapted. Accessed October 31, 2013.