Humboldt County, Nevada Genealogy
Guide to Humboldt County Nevada genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Humboldt County, Nevada|
Location in the state of Nevada
Location of Nevada in the U.S.
|Founded||November 25, 1861|
50 W 5th Street
Winnemucca, NV 89445
Humboldt County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Humboldt County Courthouse
50 W 5th Street
Winnemucca, NV 89445
County Clerk has marriage records from 1881,
divorce and court records from 1863,
probate records from 1900 and naturalization records from 1864.
County Recorder has land records. 
During the time Nevada was part of Utah Territory, the Utah legislature created a Humboldt County, Utah in 1856 with borders partially overlapping the present-day Nevada county.
Humboldt County is Nevada's oldest surviving county if the Utah version is counted. It was also one of Nevada's original nine counties created in 1861. Humboldt County Wikipedia entry
1861--Humboldt County was created 25 November 1861 as an original county. County seat: Winnemucca 
|Denio Junction||Hot Springs||Raglan|
The following web sites have entries for people buried in Humboldt County. None have complete lists:
In the Family History Library Catalog Place Search on FamilySearch, for Humboldt, Nevada, look at the list of records for Cemeteries. Films can be sent to family history centers. Public libraries may have copies of the books or can obtain them through Interlibrary Loan.
Church records are usually found in the towns rather than on the county level. Search the Family History Library Catalog - Place Search for the town you desire.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
The County Clerk acts as clerk to the 6th Judicial District Court, maintains the court records for the District Court.
The County Recorder is responsible for recording, scanning/microfilming and indexing of Real Estate Transactions, Mining Claim Locations and Assessment Work, Contracts, Leases, Judgments, UCC/Fixture Filing Statements, Liens, Maps and other miscellaneous documents.
Google Books has books about the history and people in Nevada. Try various search terms, including the names of people. Books designated with "Full view" can be read online.
In the Family History Library Catalog Place Search on FamilySearch, for Humboldt County, Nevada, look at the list of records for History. Films can be sent to family history centers. Public libraries may have copies of the books or can obtain them through Interlibrary Loan.
For historical maps,search the following free sites:
• Historic Map Works can view some images for free, though this is a commercial site
Early migration routes to and from Humboldt County, Nevada Genealogy for emigrant settlers included:
In the Family History Library Catalog Place Search on FamilySearch, for Humboldt, Nevada, look at the list of records for Newspapers. Films can be sent to family history centers. Public libraries may have copies of the books or can obtain them through Interlibrary Loan.
The County Recorder is responsible for the recording, scanning/microfilming and indexing of marriage certificates,
651 marriages from 4 Jul 1862 to 4 Apr 1900 are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
Humboldt County Library
85 East 5th Street
Winnumucca, NV 89445
Nevada State Genealogical Society
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 20666
Reno, NV 89515-0666
Nevada Historical Society
1650 North Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89503
Family History Centers
- The Humboldt GenWeb Project, a member of the NVGenWeb Project:Genealogy and Local History in Nevada (with jurisdictions for Nevada) is an affiliate of the USGenWeb Project. The USGenWeb project may have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county.
- Family History Library Catalog for Humboldt County, Nevada.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Humboldt County, Oregon page 442, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "California Trail" (map) in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/upload/CALImap1-web.pdf (accessed 2 August 2011).
- Wikipedia contributors, "First Transcontinental Railroad" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Transcontinental_Railroad (accessed 2 August 2011).