Hutchinson County, Texas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Hutchinson County Courthouse
County Clerk, Jan Barnes
500 Main P.O. Box 1186
Stinnett, Texas 79083-0580
County Clerk has marriage, probate, court and land records
from 1901, birth records from 1876 and death records; District
Clerk has divorce
Hutchinson County has had two county seats Plemons,
1901-1926, and Stinnett, 1926-presentvorce records
1876--Hutchinson County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District. County seat: Stinnett 
Places / Localities
Borger | Dial | Fritch (partly in Moore County) | Phillips | Pringle | Sanford | Stinnett
- History of Hutchinson County, Texas: 104 years, 1876-1980, by the Hutchinson County Historical Commission, history book featuring local history, photographs, illustrations, and biographies. Read the book on line at The Portal to Texas History.
- Memory Cups of Panhandle Pioneers,1945, by Millie Jones Porter.
- The Texas Panhandle Frontier, 1973 by Frederick W. Rathjen.
- Cowman's Country: Fifty Frontier Ranches in the Texas Panhandle, 1876–1887, 1981, by Pauline D. and R. L. Robertson.
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hutchinson County, Texas. Page 666 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).