Indian River County, Florida Genealogy
|Indian River County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||May 30, 1925|
|County Seat||Vero Beach|
- 1 Quick Dates
- 2 County Courthouse
- 3 History
- 4 Places / Localities
- 5 Resources
- 6 Societies and Libraries
- 7 Web Sites
- 8 References
Indian_River County's civil records start the following years:
Indian River County Courthouse
1840 25th St;
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage, divorce, probate court and land records from 1925.
County Health Department has birth and death records.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Indian River County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
|Source: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau.|
Obituary Index provided by the Julian W. Lowenstein Archive Center & Genealogy Department of the Indian River County Library. Covers 1912 to March, 2011. Copies of the obituary can be acquired from the library for a fee. Information is drawn from the following newspapers:
- Vero Beach Press Journal
- Sebastian Sun
- Indian River Farmer
- Fellsmere Farmer
- Fellsmere Tribune
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Indian River County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Indian River County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Indian River County, Florida Page 135 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).