Indians of Pennsylvania
Tribes and Bands of Pennsylvania
Cayuga, Conestoga, Conoy, Delaware, Erie, Honneasont, Iroquois, Lenni-Lenape, Mingo, Mohicans, Mohawk, Monongahela, Munsee, Nanticoke, Onondaga, Oneida, Ottawas, Piscataway, Saluda, Saponi, Seneca, Shawnee, Susquehanna, Susquehannock, Tuscarora, Tutelo, Unalachtigo, Unami, Wenrohronon, Wyandotte
Iroquois League: Oneida, Onondaga, Seneca, Cayuga, Mohawk (Five Nations) and Tuscaroras (Six Nations)
- Hodge, Frederick Webb. Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico. Washington D.C.:Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of Ethonology, Bulletin #30 1907.
- Swanton, John R. The Indian tribes of North America (http://www.accessgenealogy.com) Smithsonian Instituion, Bureau of Amerian Ethnology Bulletin #145.
- A good history is Michael N. McConnell, A Country Between: The Upper Ohio Valley and Its Peoples, 1724-1774 (Lincoln, Nebraska: University of Nebraska Press, 1992; Family History Library book 970.1 M134.)
- See also Paul A. W. Wallace, Indians in Pennsylvania (Harrisburg, PA: Historical and Museum Commission, 1970; not at Family History Library).
Family History Library
Records of American Indians are listed in the Family History Library Catalog Place Search under PENNSYLVANIA - NATIVE RACES and in the Subject Search under the name of the tribe or language group. The major Pennsylvania Indian tribes were the Delaware, Susquehannock, Shawnee, and Iroquois.
- John G. Pratt Papers 13 films Family History Library 1st film 812758