Indians of Virginia
Additional information regarding the Indians of Virginia needs to be added here.
Tribes and Bands of Virginia
Cherokee, Chickahominy, Ganawese, Iroquoi, Melungeon, Manahoac, Mattapony, Mehrrin, Monacan, Nahyssan, Nansemonds, Nottaway, Occaneechi, Pamunkey, Powhatan, Saponi, Shawnee, Shendo, Tutelo
- Hodge,Frederick Webb. Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico. Washingtotn D.C.; Smithosnian Institution, Bureau of Ehtonology, Bulletin #30 1907.
- Swanton, John R. The Indian Tribes of North America. Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology Bulletin #145.
- Mattapony Reservation: Tribes: Mattpony
- Pamunkey Reservation: State, Tribe: Pamunkey
- Isaacs, Katherine M., editor. Omni Gazetteer of the United States of America. U.S. Data Sourcebook, Volume 11 Appendices. Bureau of Indian Affairs List of American Indian Reservations, Appendix E. Indian Reservations. Omnigraphics. Inc., 1991.
Family History Library
- John Hopkins University