Iredell County, North Carolina Genealogy
|Iredell County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||November 3, 1788|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1852, 1854--Courthouse fires destroyed many court records.
Statesville (county seat)
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Templeton] Templeton, Ronald H. "Possible North Carolina/South Carolina Templeton Relationships," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 35, No. 3 (Summer 2007):123-130. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 35 Presents discoveries of previously unknown kinships based on the Templeton DNA study.
Statesville Record and Landmark
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Lake Norman North Carolina Family History Center (Mooresville)
- Iredell County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).