Iron County, Michigan Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:54, 15 February 2013 by AlphaAust
|Iron County, Michigan|
Location of Michigan in the U.S.
|Founded||April 3, 1885|
|County Seat||Crystal Falls|
|Address|| Iron County Courthouse|
2 S 6th St.
Crystal Falls, MI 49920-1413
Phone: (906) 875-3221
Iron County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Clerk has birth, marriage, death, divorce and court records from 1895.
Probate court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records.
Towns Cities have burial records. 
- Florence County, Wisconsin
- Forest County, Wisconsin
- Vilas County, Wisconsin
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Iron County, Michigan page 346, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).