Italy, Agrigento, Agrigento, Civil Registration, Tribunale (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: I get a message “Image not Available” for some of the records even when I am signed in. How can I view these records?
Answer #1: Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. Italian Data Privacy rules prohibit viewing the following records: All birth images must be 100 years or older; all marriage images must be 70 years or older, and all death images must be 70 years or older.
If any record on a digital folder contains birth records from the last 100 years, for example, the entire digital folder is restricted.
The Historical Records collections will be updated each year to show new unrestricted records. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to preserving and providing access to genealogical records in its collection.
Question #2: I have been looking for Nati (birth) records for 1896 in Ravanusa, Index Morti 1866, Index Morti 1868, and Index Morti 1903. Where can I find them?
I have been looking for records from:
• Ravanusa > Nati 1896
• Campobello di Licata > Index for Morti 1866 and for Morti 1868
• Campobello di Licata > Nati 1893 and Index for Nati 1903
Answer #2: These records were not captured when the collection was filmed, therefore the missing images cannot be added to the records.
Question #3: When searching Italy > Agrigento > Campobello di Licata > Morti (death) 1866 – 1872, records for 1868, images 142 - 242 are very faint. How may I see the information on these images?
Answer #3: The engineers are studying the problem about how or if they can make the images clearer. Until then, you may want to try finding the film number – 1795774, images 2664-2764 – in the Catalog and ordering it, but the images are also difficult to see in the Catalog microfilm.
Question #4: When searching Italy, Agrigento, Agrigento Civil Registration (Tribunal) 1866-1910 > Campobello di Licata > Indici decennali Nati (Birth) 1896 – 1905, I found that it contains more than an index for nati, but also for matrimonios, for morto, etc. How do I go about finding the record types for which I am searching?
Answer #4: The record types in this particular path may be found as follows:
• Images from 1 – 39 are birth images for years 1896-1905
• Images 40 - 68 are Indice degli atti di Matrimonio dall anno for years 1896 - 1905;
• Images 69 - 91 are Indice degli atti di morto (death) for years 1896 - 1905
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window. For example: Italy, Agrigento, Agrigento Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1866-1910 > Ravanusa > Nati 1890-1905 > Image 20 of 3124.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Italy, Agrigento Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) 1866-1910 Learn More Page.
Return to the Italy, Agrigento, Agrigento Civil Registration (Tribunale) 1866-1910 collection at FamilySearch.org.
For Internal Use Only
FEX & Micro