Jackson County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Jackson County Courthouse
405 4th St; PO Box 209
Jackson, MN 56143
Court Administrator has birth, death, divorce, probate and
court records from 1870 and marriage records from 1868.
County Recorder has land records from 1870. 
County government was dissolved due to Sioux uprising in 1862. It was reorganized in 1866. Before its reorganization it may have been attached to Martin County.
- 1857--Jackson County was 23 May 1857 from Brown County but not formally organized until 1858.
County seat: Jackson 
- For a brief history of how Jackson County was named, click here. Then select Jackson County.
Alpha | Heron Lake | Jackson | Lakefield | Miloma | Okabena | Wilder
Alba Township | Belmont Township | Christiania Township | Delafield Township | Des Moines Township | Enterprise Township | Ewington Township | Heron Lake Township | Hunter Township | Kimball Township | La Crosse Township | Middletown Township | Minneota Township | Petersburg Township | Rost Township | Round Lake Township | Sioux Valley Township | Weimer Township | West Heron Lake Township | Wisconsin Township
- Dickinson County, Iowa
- Emmet County, Iowa
- Osceola County, Iowa
Civil War service men from Blue Earth County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Blue Earth County.
- - Brackett's Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company B.
Societies and Libraries
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jackson County, Minnesota page 365, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).