Jackson County, South Dakota Genealogy
|Jackson, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 8, 1883|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1883--Jackson County wasw created 8 March 1883 from Cheyenne, Eliminated 8 Mar. 1883, Lugenbeel, Eliminated 3 Jun. 1909, and White River, Eliminated 8 Mar. 1883, Counties. County seat: Kadoka 
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).