Jackson is a large extinct plantation, now split among Coplin Plantation, Eustis, and Lang Township. Jackson was organized from Township 4 R3 BKP, Township 1 R3 WBKP, Township 2 R3 WBKP, and Plantation 1 R4 WBKP in 1845; and lost that organization by 1855. The south part of Jackson Plantation was reorganized again in 1857 and then at least partially dissolved in 1859. Eustis seceded from Jackson Plantation in 1857. Coplin Plantation was organized from a portion of Jackson Plantation in 1866. And Lang Plantation was organized from the remaining portion of Jackson Plantation in 1895.
Records. For records of Jackson Plantation see:
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 81 (digital p. 90). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.
- ↑ Eustis, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 24 June 2013).
- ↑ Coplin Plantation, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 24 June 2013).
- ↑ Lang Township, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 24 June 2013).