Jacksonville Florida East Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 7665 Fort Caroline Rd., Jacksonville, Florida 32277-2214 1. This is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- entrance at the back - please ring the bell
Phone: 904-743-0527 (Call during Family History Center hours)
Open Hours: Tues - Wed - Thur 10:00AM - 2:00PM and 7:00PM - 9:00PM
Sat 10:00AM - 1:00PM
Holiday Schedule: 2. Closed the first Saturday in March, April and October , Thanksgiving week, and the last two weeks of December
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- over 1500 books
- over 1400 films on extended loan
- over 1500 fiche
- data base of names submitted to the center with about 47,000 names currently listed
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.Hardwareover and Equipment
- 6 computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche reader
- 1scanner for both film and fiche
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)