Jefferson County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Jefferson County Courthouse
300 W Jefferson St; PO Box 321
Oskaloosa, KS 66066-0321
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
Visit the Jefferson County home page.
1855--Jefferson County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Oskaloosa 
- Underwood Cemetery, Perry BillionGraves
Early migration routes to and from Jefferson County, Kansas Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
During the Civil War men from this county enlisted in the 15th Regiment, Kansas Cavalry, Companies C and F.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jefferson County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jefferson County, Kansas page 252, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).