Jefferson County, Nebraska Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Jefferson County; 411 4th St; Fairbury, NE 68352; Ph. 402.729.2323 Details: (Formerly Jones Co. Name changed to Jefferson 1864. Boundaries redefined 1867 & 1871) (Co Clk has m rec; Co Judge has pro & ct rec; Clk Dis Ct has div rec; Reg of Deeds has land rec)
1856--Johnson County was created 26 January 1856 from unorganized territory. County seat: Fairbury 
For tips on accessing Jefferson County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Early migration routes to and from Jefferson County, Nebraska Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).