Jefferson County, Oregon Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 08:12, 12 October 2008 by Dsammy (a)
- 1 Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Neighboring Counties
- 5 Resources
- 6 Societies and Libraries
- 7 Genealogy Websites
66 SE D Street, Suite D,
Madras, Oregon 97741
- Culver was the county seat 1914 to 1916
- Named for Mount Jefferson, located on west boundary. It was named in turn for Thomas Jefferson, third president of the United States of America.
- Created from Crook County 12 Decembr 1914.
Records Held at the Courthouse
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Jefferson County Court House as of August 2005.
Places / Localities
- Warm Springs (Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs)
- Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.