Jefferson County, Oregon Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 08:16, 12 October 2008 by Dsammy (a)
- 1 Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Neighboring Counties
- 5 Resources
- 6 Societies and Libraries
- 7 Websites
- 8 References
66 SE D Street, Suite D,
Madras, Oregon 97741
- Culver was the county seat 1914 to 1916
- Named for Mount Jefferson, located on west boundary. It was named in turn for Thomas Jefferson, third president of the United States of America.
Records Held at the Courthouse
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Jefferson County Court House as of August 2005.
Places / Localities
- Warm Springs (Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs)
- Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
Societies and Libraries
- The Jefferson County GenWeb Project part of The ORGenWeb Project, a state project affiliated with The USGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Jefferson County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Jefferson County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Jefferson County.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).