Jeffersonville, Montgomery County, Kentucky Genealogy
Jeffersonville began as an important trading center for cattle in Eastern Kentucky during the mid-19th century. It was then known as Ticktown for either the tick grass grown in the area or for the ticks attracted to the cattle pens. Although it is unknown when the settlement became known as Jeffersonville, the post office was established with this name on March 9, 1866 and was named for Thomas Jefferson. Jeffersonville was incorporated on March 20, 1876 and was reincorporated in 1967
Jeffersonville is located at 37°58′9″N 83°49′28″W37.96917°N 83.82444°W (37.969148, -83.824466).According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 3.0 square miles (7.8 km²), all of it land.