Jessamine County, Kentucky Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Cemeteries
- 5.1 NICHOLASVILLE, KENTUCKY:
- 5.2 FAMILY CEMETERY RECORDS:
- 5.2.1 Lowen Family Cemetery
- 5.2.2 Mitchell Family Cemetery
- 5.2.3 Craven Family Cemetery
- 5.2.4 Knight Family Cemetery
- 5.2.5 Robinson Family Cemetery
- 5.2.6 Toddhunter Family Cemetery
- 5.2.7 Perry Family Cemetery
- 5.3 Societies and Libraries
- 5.4 Web Sites
- 5.5 References
Jessamine County Courthouse
Nicholasville, Kentucky 40356
County Clerk's Office
Jessamine County Courthouse
859-885-4161 or 9464.
Jessamine County Public Library, 600 So. Main Street, Nicholasville, KY 40356, 859-885-3523.
|Camp Nelson||High Bridge||Nicholasville||Sulphur Well Park (hist.)|
|Chattersville (hist.)||Jessamine||Oak Hill (hist.)||Sweet Home (hist.)|
|Crisman Mill (hist.)||Keene||Oakdale (hist.)||Union Mills|
|Dixon Town||Lexington Park (hist.)||Pekin (hist.)||Vineyard|
|Edgewood (hist.)||Little Hickman||Pink||Watts Store|
|Hanly||Mount Lebanon||Red Oak (hist.)||Wilmore Park (hist.)|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Jessamine County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Jessamine Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Jessamine County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Jessamine County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
Maple Grove Cemetery:
Located just east of Main Street in the center of town.
Camp Nelson National Cemetery, 69880 Danville Pike, 859-885-5727:
Located 5 miles south of Nicholasville, on State Highway 27.
Locust Grove Cemetery:
Located on North 3rd Street, Nicholasville, Kentucky.
Ebenezer Church Cemetery:
Located in the church yard of Ebenezer Church.
Located about 5 miles west of Nicholasville, KY, out State Rt. 169, Keene Road, in Keene, Kentucky.
Macedonia Baptist Church Cemetery, 103 Cushionberry Lane, 859-885-6748:
Located in the church yard of Macedonia Baptist Church about 5 miles west of Nicholasville, KY out State Rt. 169, Keene Road, in Keene, Kentucky.
FAMILY CEMETERY RECORDS:
Lowen Family Cemetery
Located on north side of Union Mill Road,1 mile east of Main Street, Nicholasville, Kentucky:
Infant daughter of J H & L Lowen; Born & Died 2 June 1855
Susannah Mildred Hart, wife of Thomas M. Hart; Age 39; Died 9 Mar 1840
Francis Lowen; Born 5 May 1851; Died 2 Oct 1860
James William Lowen; Born 14 Aug 1791; Died 7 Dec 1849
Sally W. Lowen; Born 13 Dec 1859; Died 29 Sept 1860
Morton L. Lowen; Born 5 May 1842; Died 19 Nov 1860
James P. Robinson, age 24 years & 15 days; Born 30 July 1817; Died 14 Aug 1841
James Robinson, age 62 years & 9 mos.; Born 5 Jan 1783; Died 19 Oct 1845
Martha Parrish, wife of James Robinson, age 45 years, 5 mos., 25 days; Born 4 Feb 1784; Died 29 July 1829
Emily I. Robinson, age 16 years, 3 mos., 19 days; Born 13 Mar 1823; Died 4 July 1839
Mary E. Lowen; Born 27 Aug 1856; Died 30 Sept 1860
One footmarker with the initials O.W.H.
Mitchell Family Cemetery
Located on north side of Union Mill Road, 5 miles east of Main Street, Nicholasville:
Millie D., wife of J. W. Bronaugh, dau of G.S. & M.L. Mitchell; Born 10 Feb 1848; Died 4 Aug 1879
Mahala, wife of Samuel Johnson; Born 20 Jan 1812; Died 2 Dec 1882
George S. Mitchell: Born 23 May 1813; Died 28 Apr 1893
Maria Louisa, wife of G. S. Mitchell; Born 26 Feb 1817; Died 2 Jan 1870
John B., son of G. S. & M. L. Mitchell; Born 3 May 1849; Died 3 Aug 1852
Sue A. Mitchell, "Asleep in Jesus"; Born 25 May 1846; Died 6 Aug 1867
Infant son of A. R. & N. H. Mitchell; Born 18 Oct 1896; Died 19 Oct 1896
George Mitchell, age 22; Died 1907
Craven Family Cemetery
Located on south side of Union Mill Road, 5 miles east of Main Street, Nicholasville:
Martha Ann Craven; Born 23 Aug 1815; Died 8 Aug 1934
Mary J. Craven, age 16 years, 10 mos.; Born 21 Nov 1809; Died 19 July 1826
Martha E. Craven, age 6 years, 3 mos, 23 days; Born 20 Oct 1821; Died 16 Feb 1828
Martha Craven, age 70; Died 11 Sept 1848
David Craven, age 58; Died 20 Dec 1839
Mrs. Eliza Curry, age 21 years, 7 mos, 12 days, married 19 June 1833; Born 1 Dec 1812; Died 12 Nov 1834
Knight Family Cemetery
Located south side of Keene Road, 2.7 miles west of Main Street, Nicholasville:
Elizabeth F, daughter of G. & N. Knight; Born 30 May 1842; Died 5 July 1843
James Knight; Born 9 Mar 1750; Died 24 Oct 1831
Elizabeth, wife of James Knight; Born 26 Jan 1761: Died 22 Oct 1854
Alexander C. Knight; Born 28 Apr 1844; Died 2 July 1867
John P, son of G. & N. Knight; Born 2 June 1833; Died 4 Sept 1857
Nancy G., wife of Grant Knight; Born 20 Jan 1813; Died 15 Oct 1857
Grant Knight; born 17 Jan 1809; died 15 Nov 1866
Walter Y., son of G. & N. Knight; born 9 Apr 1853; died 31 July 1856
Robinson Family Cemetery
Located on Bethany Pike, 2.7 miles east of Main Street, Nicholasville:
Margaret M, wife of William F. Berry, born 21 Nov 1829; died 3 Sept 1851
___________ Burch; born 13 Dec 1833; died 6 Sept 1834
Mary E., wife of James C. Davis; born 8 Apr 1829; died 6 Dec 1857
Mollie B., daughter of J. C. & E A. Davis, age 2 wks & 4 days; born 18 June 1867; died 5 July 1867
Permelia Mitchell; born 28 Apr 1805; died 12 Sept 1835
Johnson Mitchell; born 22 Sept 1801; died 5 Mar 1848
Benjamin Mitchell; born 6 Dec 1799; died 17 Dec 1848
Fanny G, wife of John Robinson; born 4 Sept 1784; died 15 Sept 1859
James M. Robinson; born 30 Mar 1810; died 22 Oct 1861
John Robinson; born 8 May 1779; died 11 Sept 1862
Benjamin Robinson; born 17 Dec 1752; died ______ 1835
Mildred, wife of Benjamin Robinson; _________________
Melinda B, wife of S. P Waller; born 3 Nov 1817; died 2 Feb 1851
Toddhunter Family Cemetery
Located on the north side of Keene Road, 2 miles west of Main Street, Nicholasville, KY:
Jacob Toddhunter, age 89; died 23 Mar 1909
Mary Toddhunter, born Loudoun Co., Virginia, age 84; died 10 Oct 1870
______ Toddhunter, age 77; died 19 Nov 1854
Perry Family Cemetery
Located on south side of Bethany Pike, 2.7 miles east of Main Street, Nicholasville, KY
J. G. Perry; born 1851; died 1877
J. M. Perry; born 1888; died 1899
O. H. Perry; born 1860; died 1896
Morton Perry; born 1826; died 1899
Ellen G. Perry; born 1831; died 27 July 1908
Jane A. Perry; born 1824; died 1892
John Perry; born 1782; died 1869
Sarah Lowen Perry; born 1787; died 1873
Lewis Perry _________________________
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).