Jessamine County, Kentucky Genealogy
|Jessamine County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||December 19, 1798|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 NICHOLASVILLE, KENTUCKY:
- 6 FAMILY CEMETERY RECORDS:
- 6.1 Lowen Family Cemetery
- 6.2 Mitchell Family Cemetery
- 6.3 Craven Family Cemetery
- 6.4 Knight Family Cemetery
- 6.5 Robinson Family Cemetery
- 6.6 Toddhunter Family Cemetery
- 6.7 Perry Family Cemetery
- 7 References
Jessamine County Courthouse
Nicholasville, Kentucky 40356
County Clerk's Office
Jessamine County Courthouse
859-885-4161 or 9464.
Jessamine County Public Library, 600 So. Main Street, Nicholasville, KY 40356, 859-885-3523.
|Camp Nelson||High Bridge||Nicholasville||Sulphur Well Park (hist.)|
|Chattersville (hist.)||Jessamine||Oak Hill (hist.)||Sweet Home (hist.)|
|Crisman Mill (hist.)||Keene||Oakdale (hist.)||Union Mills|
|Dixon Town||Lexington Park (hist.)||Pekin (hist.)||Vineyard|
|Edgewood (hist.)||Little Hickman||Pink||Watts Store|
|Hanly||Mount Lebanon||Red Oak (hist.)||Wilmore Park (hist.)|
African American Research
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- the KY African American Griots Project ~ The Kentucky African American Griots Project
- Sandi Gorin's Tips ~ Hangings in Kentucky 1792 - 1900
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
- KY Biographies ~ Jeff Murphy's Kentucky Biographies Project
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Jessamine Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The KY Historical Society’s Cemetery Database
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Cemetery Junction ~ Links to cemetery transcriptions
- Naming the Forgotten ~ Naming the Forgotten - The Eastern State Hospital Project
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness Local volunteers may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Jessamine County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Jessamine County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Jessamine County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
Maple Grove Cemetery:
Located just east of Main Street in the center of town.
Camp Nelson National Cemetery, 69880 Danville Pike, 859-885-5727:
Located 5 miles south of Nicholasville, on State Highway 27.
Locust Grove Cemetery:
Located on North 3rd Street, Nicholasville, Kentucky.
Ebenezer Church Cemetery:
Located in the church yard of Ebenezer Church.
Located about 5 miles west of Nicholasville, KY, out State Rt. 169, Keene Road, in Keene, Kentucky.
Macedonia Baptist Church Cemetery, 103 Cushionberry Lane, 859-885-6748:
Located in the church yard of Macedonia Baptist Church about 5 miles west of Nicholasville, KY out State Rt. 169, Keene Road, in Keene, Kentucky.
FAMILY CEMETERY RECORDS:
Lowen Family Cemetery
Located on north side of Union Mill Road,1 mile east of Main Street, Nicholasville, Kentucky:
Infant daughter of J H & L Lowen; Born & Died 2 June 1855
Susannah Mildred Hart, wife of Thomas M. Hart; Age 39; Died 9 Mar 1840
Francis Lowen; Born 5 May 1851; Died 2 Oct 1860
James William Lowen; Born 14 Aug 1791; Died 7 Dec 1849
Sally W. Lowen; Born 13 Dec 1859; Died 29 Sept 1860
Morton L. Lowen; Born 5 May 1842; Died 19 Nov 1860
James P. Robinson, age 24 years & 15 days; Born 30 July 1817; Died 14 Aug 1841
James Robinson, age 62 years & 9 mos.; Born 5 Jan 1783; Died 19 Oct 1845
Martha Parrish, wife of James Robinson, age 45 years, 5 mos., 25 days; Born 4 Feb 1784; Died 29 July 1829
Emily I. Robinson, age 16 years, 3 mos., 19 days; Born 13 Mar 1823; Died 4 July 1839
Mary E. Lowen; Born 27 Aug 1856; Died 30 Sept 1860
One footmarker with the initials O.W.H.
Mitchell Family Cemetery
Located on north side of Union Mill Road, 5 miles east of Main Street, Nicholasville:
Millie D., wife of J. W. Bronaugh, dau of G.S. & M.L. Mitchell; Born 10 Feb 1848; Died 4 Aug 1879
Mahala, wife of Samuel Johnson; Born 20 Jan 1812; Died 2 Dec 1882
George S. Mitchell: Born 23 May 1813; Died 28 Apr 1893
Maria Louisa, wife of G. S. Mitchell; Born 26 Feb 1817; Died 2 Jan 1870
John B., son of G. S. & M. L. Mitchell; Born 3 May 1849; Died 3 Aug 1852
Sue A. Mitchell, "Asleep in Jesus"; Born 25 May 1846; Died 6 Aug 1867
Infant son of A. R. & N. H. Mitchell; Born 18 Oct 1896; Died 19 Oct 1896
George Mitchell, age 22; Died 1907
Craven Family Cemetery
Located on south side of Union Mill Road, 5 miles east of Main Street, Nicholasville:
Martha Ann Craven; Born 23 Aug 1815; Died 8 Aug 1934
Mary J. Craven, age 16 years, 10 mos.; Born 21 Nov 1809; Died 19 July 1826
Martha E. Craven, age 6 years, 3 mos, 23 days; Born 20 Oct 1821; Died 16 Feb 1828
Martha Craven, age 70; Died 11 Sept 1848
David Craven, age 58; Died 20 Dec 1839
Mrs. Eliza Curry, age 21 years, 7 mos, 12 days, married 19 June 1833; Born 1 Dec 1812; Died 12 Nov 1834
Knight Family Cemetery
Located south side of Keene Road, 2.7 miles west of Main Street, Nicholasville:
Elizabeth F, daughter of G. & N. Knight; Born 30 May 1842; Died 5 July 1843
James Knight; Born 9 Mar 1750; Died 24 Oct 1831
Elizabeth, wife of James Knight; Born 26 Jan 1761: Died 22 Oct 1854
Alexander C. Knight; Born 28 Apr 1844; Died 2 July 1867
John P, son of G. & N. Knight; Born 2 June 1833; Died 4 Sept 1857
Nancy G., wife of Grant Knight; Born 20 Jan 1813; Died 15 Oct 1857
Grant Knight; born 17 Jan 1809; died 15 Nov 1866
Walter Y., son of G. & N. Knight; born 9 Apr 1853; died 31 July 1856
Robinson Family Cemetery
Located on Bethany Pike, 2.7 miles east of Main Street, Nicholasville:
Margaret M, wife of William F. Berry, born 21 Nov 1829; died 3 Sept 1851
___________ Burch; born 13 Dec 1833; died 6 Sept 1834
Mary E., wife of James C. Davis; born 8 Apr 1829; died 6 Dec 1857
Mollie B., daughter of J. C. & E A. Davis, age 2 wks & 4 days; born 18 June 1867; died 5 July 1867
Permelia Mitchell; born 28 Apr 1805; died 12 Sept 1835
Johnson Mitchell; born 22 Sept 1801; died 5 Mar 1848
Benjamin Mitchell; born 6 Dec 1799; died 17 Dec 1848
Fanny G, wife of John Robinson; born 4 Sept 1784; died 15 Sept 1859
James M. Robinson; born 30 Mar 1810; died 22 Oct 1861
John Robinson; born 8 May 1779; died 11 Sept 1862
Benjamin Robinson; born 17 Dec 1752; died ______ 1835
Mildred, wife of Benjamin Robinson; _________________
Melinda B, wife of S. P Waller; born 3 Nov 1817; died 2 Feb 1851
Toddhunter Family Cemetery
Located on the north side of Keene Road, 2 miles west of Main Street, Nicholasville, KY:
Jacob Toddhunter, age 89; died 23 Mar 1909
Mary Toddhunter, born Loudoun Co., Virginia, age 84; died 10 Oct 1870
______ Toddhunter, age 77; died 19 Nov 1854
Perry Family Cemetery
Located on south side of Bethany Pike, 2.7 miles east of Main Street, Nicholasville, KY
J. G. Perry; born 1851; died 1877
J. M. Perry; born 1888; died 1899
O. H. Perry; born 1860; died 1896
Morton Perry; born 1826; died 1899
Ellen G. Perry; born 1831; died 27 July 1908
Jane A. Perry; born 1824; died 1892
John Perry; born 1782; died 1869
Sarah Lowen Perry; born 1787; died 1873
Lewis Perry _________________________
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Kentucky Census Transcriptions 1850 - 1930
- The USGenWeb Census Images ~ The USGenWeb Census Images Project
- Kentucky Census Transcriptions ~ The USGenWeb Census Project
- Census Online ~ Census Online
- Kentucky Christian Church Directory ~ ChurchAngel
- Catholic Parishes in the Diocese of Lexington
- Catholic Parishes in the Archdiocese of Louisville
- Abstracts of Early KY Court Cases Abstracts of Early Supreme Court Cases ~ KYGenWeb Special Project
- Kentucky Court of Justice Research & Reference
- Military Resources ~ Revolutionary War through Civil War
- Korean War Memorial Korean War Memorial for Soliders from KY ~ KYGenWeb
- Fallen Soldiers in WWI from KY ~ Fallen Soldiers in WWI from Kentucky
- Kentucky Postcards ~ The USGenWeb Archives Penny Postcard Project
- The KYGenWeb Footsteps ~ The Kentucky Footsteps Archives ~ KYGenWeb Special Project
- Kentucky News - Kentucky Newspaper Index with links
- Another Kentucky Newspaper Index with links
- Kentucky Newspapers on Microfilm - Kentucky Newspapers Available On Microfilm
- KY Footsteps Archives ~ KY Footsteps List Archives - thousands of obituaries here ~ KYGenWeb Project
- KY Obituary Sources ~ Kentucky Obituary Sources ~ Compiled by the KYGenWeb Project
- Links to research and locate obituaries
- Browning Genealogy Database ~ The Browning Genealogy Database - A Collection of Obituaries Compiled by Charles Browning.
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Kentucky Obituary Project
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Kentucky Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Nashville Advocate ~ Death Abstracts from the Nashville Christian Advocate
- The Kentucky Vital Records Project Transcriptions of and Images of KY Death Certificates - A Work in Progress ~ The KY Vital Records Project
- KY Births & Christenings ~ Kentucky Births and Christenings, 1839-1960 Family Search
- KY Deaths & Burials ~ KY Deaths & Burials 1843 - 1970
- KY Marriage Records ~ KY Marriages 1783 - 1979 ~ Family Search
- Searchable KY Vital Records ~ Searchable databases of KY Births, Deaths & Marriages
- Kentucky Marriage Records 1973 - 2000 ~ Kentucky Marriage Records - 1973 - 2000
- KY Divorces 1973 - 1993 ~ Kentucky Divorce Records 1973 - 1993 ~ University of Kentucky Vital Records Databases
- The Social Security Death Index The Social Security Death Index - Searchable
Societies and Libraries
- Jessamine County KYGenWeb
- KYGenWeb project. Has maps, name indexes, history or other information for each county. Select the county.
- State of Kencucky Website
- USGenWeb Kentucky Archives ~ Kentucky in the USGenWeb Archives ~ Vital statistics, maps, obituaries, Bible records, tombstone transcriptions and many other records.
- The USGenWeb project May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jessamine County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).