Johannes, Oslo, Norway Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 00:55, 19 March 2011 by SteuartRC (talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Norway > Oslo County > Johannes

Church Records

Microfilm at the Family History Library contain parish registers from Johannes parish in Oslo city. It was separated from Trefoldighet parish in 1875. There are records 1875-1930.

Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.

History of the parish

Johannes parish was established according to a Royal resolution July 10, 1874 by taking an area bordered by Kongens gate, Karl Johans gate, Drammensveien, Munkedamsveien, Enga and Pipervikbukta from Trefoldighet parish.

By Royal resolution September 28, 1897 the borders were changed to go along Akersus fort from Pipervika to Nedre Slotts gate, Karl Johans gate, Drammensveien, Parkveien, Munkedamsveien to the water by Filipstad.

In 1911 Piperviken chapel was created in the district between Ruseløkkveien, Stortingsgata, Rosenkrantz gate and the ocean.

Johannes parish was discontinued in 1929 and the area was included in Vor Frelsor parish.