Johnson County, Nebraska Genealogy
Johnson County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Johnson County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||March 2, 1855|
|Address|| Johnson County Courthouse|
4th and Broadway
P.O. Box 416
Tecumseh, Nebraska 68450-0416
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Johnson County Courthouse
4th & Broadway; P.O. Box 416
Tecumseh, Ne 68450-0416
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1858.
County Judge has probate and court records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records from 1858. 
For tips on accessing Johnson County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Johnson County, Nebraska page 431, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).