Difference between revisions of "Jones County, Alabama Genealogy"
From FamilySearch Wiki
(add nav bar)
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
Revision as of 17:21, 1 October 2010
- 1867--Jones County was formed 4 February 1867 from Jackson, Blount counties and the Cherokee Cession.
- 1867--Abolished 3 November 1867 and returned to parent counties (Jackson and Blount).
- 1868--Sanford County was organized from the territory originally assigned to Jones County on 8 October 1868.
- 1877--Sanford County renamed 1877 to Lamar County.
- For the records, see Lamar County.
- Alabama: Her History Resources, W. Brewer; pub. Montgomery, Alabama, 1872.
- Alabama History, Joel Campbell Dubose; pub. Atlanta 1908
- History of Alabama, Albert Burton Moore; pub. Chicago, 1927
- History of Alabama and Dictionary of Alabama Biography, Thomas McAvory Owen; pub. Chicago, 1921.
- Report of the Alabama History Commission, Thomas McAvory Owen; pub. Montgomery, Alabama 1901
- History of Alabama, Albert James Pickett; pub. Birmingham, Alabama 1878