Jones County, Georgia Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Jones County Courthouse
PO Box 1359;
Gray, GA 31032-1359
Probate Court has birth and death records from 1924,
marriage and probate records from 1811; Clerk Superior
Court has land and court records
Places / Localities
- Mountain Springs Cemetery, Macon BillionGraves
1811-1850 Georgia Pioneers ($)
1811-1822, Marriage Bonds Index (digital images) Georgia Pioneers ($)
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Jones County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Georgia.
- Wills, Book E, 1808-1850 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Wills, Book C 1851-1856 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Wills, Book D 1864-1890 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Index to Will Books A, B, C, 1809-1851 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Will Books C and D, 1851-1867 Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Index to Annual Returns and Estates, Book F, 1825-1828 Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Digital Images of Jones County Wills 1809 to 1835. See list of testators. Georgia Pioneers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Jones County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Jones County, Georgia. Page 157 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)