Kalkaska County, Michigan Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Kalkaska County Courthouse
605 N. Birch St.
Kalkaska, MI 49646
Phone: (616) 258-3300
Kalkaska County; 605 N Birch St; Kalkaska, MI 49646; ph. 616.258.3300 Details: (Formerly Wabassee Co. Name changed to Kalkaska 8 Mar 1843. Attached to Mackinac, Grand Traverse & Antrim Cos prior to organization 27 Jan 1871) (Co Clk has b, m, d, div & ct rec from 1871 & bur rec; Pro Judge has pro rec; Reg of Deeds has land rec) members.aol.com/fiddlerben/kalkaska.html
1840--Kalkaska County was created 1 April 1840 from Mackinac County. Formerly Wabassee County, until changed to Kalkaska 8 March 1843. It was attached to Mackinac, Grand Traverse, and Antrim Counties prior to organization 27 January 1871. County seat: Kalkaska 
- Westwood Cemetery, Kalkaska BillionGraves
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).