Kalkaska County, Michigan Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Kalkaska County Courthouse
605 N. Birch St.
Kalkaska, MI 49646
Phone: (616) 258-3300
County Clerk has birth, marriage, death, divorce and
court records from 1871 and burial records.
Probate Judge has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1840--Kalkaska County was created 1 April 1840 from Mackinac County. Formerly Wabassee County, until changed to Kalkaska 8 March 1843. It was attached to Mackinac, Grand Traverse, and Antrim Counties prior to organization 27 January 1871. County seat: Kalkaska 
- Westwood Cemetery, Kalkaska BillionGraves
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Kalkaza County, Michigan page 346, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).