Kampen, Oslo, Norway Genealogy
Microfilm at the Family History Library contain parish registers from Kampen parish in Oslo city. It was established in 1877. Records are for 1880-1927.
Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
History of the parish
Kampen parish was created in 1880 as a result of the expansion of the city limits in 1877. The borders were the city limit by Hovinsveien, along Sørligata, Jens Bjelkes gate, Sverres gate, Åkerbergveien and Strømsveien to the city limits.
The new border of September 28, 1897 was to follow Heibergs gate from the city limits, Tøengata, Jens Bjelkes gate, Borggata, Åkerbergveien, Jordalsgata and Odalsgata to the city limits.
In 1938 the area between Åkerbergveien and Jens Bjelkes gate was taken and made part of Grønland.
New boundaries were made with Vålerengen and Østre Aker in 1958.