Kearney County, Nebraska Genealogy
Kearney County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Kearney County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||January 10, 1860|
|Address|| Kearney County Courthouse|
Minden, Nebraska 68959-0339
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Kearney County Courthouse
Minden, NE 68959
County Clerk has marriage records from 1872 and land records.
County Judge has probate and court records. Clerk District Court has divorce records. 
1860--Kearney County was created 10 January 1860 from unorganized territory. County seat: Minden 
For tips on accessing Kearney County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Early migration routes to and from Kearney County, Nebraska Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Kearney County, Nebraska page 432, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map II" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap2.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).