Kearny County, Kansas Genealogy
|Kearny County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1873|
|Address|| Kearny County Courthouse|
304 N. Main Street
Lakin, Kansas 67860
Kearny County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Kearny County Courthouse
305 N Main Street
Lakin, KS 67860
County Clerk has birth, marriage and death records 1900-1910.
Clerk district court has divorce and court records 1894
and probate records from 1895.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1894.
County Clerk and County Historical Society have newspapers.
County Appraiser has local census from 1913. 
1873--Kearny County was created 6 March 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Lakin 
- Kearny County was not organized until after the Civil War. See Marion County for records.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Kearny County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Kearney County, Kansas page 252, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).