Kendall County, Illinois Genealogy
|Kendall County, Illinois|
Location of Illinois in the U.S.
|Founded:||February 19, 1841|
|Address|| 111 W. Fox Street|
Yorkville, IL 60560
|Named for: Amos Kendall|
- 1 Quick Dates
- 2 County Courthouse
- 3 History
- 4 Places / Localities
- 5 Resources
- 6 Societies and Libraries
- 7 Web Sites
- 8 References
|Beginning Dates for Kendall County Records|
- 1841--Kendall County was created 19 February 1841 from LaSalle and Kane Counties. County seat: Yorkville 
Places / Localities
The following have information concerning African American research.
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Illinois State Archives pamphlet on African American Research describes what records are at the State Archives with an online method for ordering records.
- African-American Resources for Illinois
Illinois cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Kendall County and links to the information for the individuals buried there.
- Kendall Co. IL USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Illinois Cemeteries by county.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Kendall County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Kendall County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
|Source: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau.|
Family Maps of Kendall County, Illinois (2005) plats the land of many nineteenth-century Kendall County residents. The publisher's bookstore includes a free online surname index. FHL Book 977.3263 E7b
Land Records Kendall County, Illinois at ILGenWeb includes:
- Index to Public Domain Land Sales in Kendall County, Illinois
- Index to 1859 Plat Map of Kendall County, Illinois
- Index to 1870 Plat Map of Kendall County, Illinois
- Index to 1922 Plat Map of Kendall County, Illinois
- Index to 1941 Plat Map of Kendall County, Illinois
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Kendall County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Kendall County.
- - 36th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Companies D, E, F, and I.
- - 89th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company H.
- - 91st Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company E.
Kendall County Vital Records at ILGenWeb includes births, marriages, and deaths.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Kendall County, Illinois Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), 195. (FHL Collection Ref Book 973 D27e 2002). WorldCat entry.