Kennington Carlisle Chapel
Kennington Carlisle Chapel was built as a chapel for the Independents (Congregationalists) but was later purchased as an Anglican chapel by about 1847, and stood within the ancient parish boundary of Lambeth St Mary's. The Georgian 'Carlisle Chapel' was in Kennington-Lane, Lambeth. It was originally constructed in approximately 1796, its origins began as a private chapel, becoming an Anglican proprietary chapel in the 1840's (it may also have been known as St James [North] Lambeth). By 1875, it was made a conventional district of St Mark's District Church. The chapel was capable of accommodating close to five hundred people. It stood on the other side of the road from the parish church of St Mary's Newington and only 100 metres away but in a different parish and borough."